Wednesday, July 10, 2013

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY

Sam and I decided to stay in town for the 4th of July weekend. We only had Thursday off, but knew Wednesday and Friday would be very slow since everyone else basically took off. I had plans of taking a day trip to a new park and hiking and then maybe grilling in the backyard, but sadly it rained all day, everyday for the entire long weekend. My nice tan I had is slowly fading back to florescent white.
When I saw the forecast, I looked at Atlanta, Nashville, Chattanooga and Destin in hopes of finding somewhere to go where we could enjoy the sunshine, but it was raining everywhere within 3 hours of our house. So we decided to stay in town and take advantage of the 4th of July sales.
We spent quite a bit of money this weekend, but everything we bought was a good deal and something we needed for the house. And we would have spent the same amount of money if we went out of town on a trip, so I feel it was justified.

I'll start with the kitchen area. I didn't really want to get an area rug for under the kitchen table because I felt like it would get dirty easily since that's where we eat everyday. But, we ended up moving the rug from the office to the kitchen and I think it helps fill the space up. Hopefully it won't get too dirty.


We have been looking for a something to put in the hallway that connects the kitchen to the dining room for a while now. We had hoped to get something with cupboards that we could use as additional storage, but we found this piece at Kirkland's for a really low price and decided to get it- plus it matches our cabinets perfectly.  We also moved the runner from the entry way (that didn't really belong in that space) to the hallway.

We will be hanging that pepper picture next to the rooster
After we filled up the kitchen, we had an empty entryway and office that echoed a lot since we stole the rugs from that area. We found the new office rug from Home Goods and the chair in the corner from Kirkland's, again, all at a great price.
We found the new rug for the entryway at Macy's on sale. This size works much better than the runner we previously had here.



Lastly, we finally bought a rug for our room.  Sam noticed it at Home Goods and really liked it. I think it's okay, but I would prefer all white and not shag. But it was a good deal and it definitely looks better than no rug. We are going to try to find a different bench to go at the end of our bed because I feel like the one we have there now clashes with the rug.


So that was our 4th of July weekend. I think our house feels and looks a little more complete now.

We also watched the Macy's 4th of July celebration on TV that night. Yes, we were sitting on the couch watching TV, instead of outside enjoying real fireworks- it was still raining. I enjoyed it, except I think they did a bad job of choosing songs for the fireworks. Maybe 1% of the music was patriotic and the rest were club songs.  Did anyone else see Cher's performance?  I love her new song Woman's World and can't get over how amazing she looks. For the record, she is 67...that's 67 as in almost 70!



2 comments:

  1. Your house looks so put together. I love it! When you come, maybe you can do that at my house :-) I agree with you on the bench, but otherwise it all looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete